In this post Tricia Morris shares 6 things all CEO’s should know and understand about customer service:
1. It’s a challenging role
– Customer service is the voice of your brand and many times, the first impression of it post sale.
– According to Aspect Consumer Experience Survey, 76% of consumers surveyed view customer service as the true test of how much a company values them.
2. If it’s considered a cost center, you’re probably doing it wrong.
– According to NewVoiceMedia, U.S. companies lose an estimated $41 billion alone each year due to poor customer service.
3. It’s a brand and CEO differentiator when you’re doing it right.
4. It’s where most customers end their purchase or relationship, if they have a bad experience.
– In a recent State of Multichannel Customer Service Survey commissioned by Parature, from Microsoft, 65% of 1,000 consumers surveyed said they’ve cut ties with a brand over a single poor customer service experience.
5. It requires an investment in the right people and the right resources.
– According to the most recent Gallup State of the American Workplace report, “When organizations successfully engage both their employees and their customers they experience a 240% boost in performance
6. Everyone, including the CEO, should be a customer service representative
Read the full article at business2community.com.